We are looking for a design assistant to join our team. Our design team specializes in total home design, renovation plans, kitchen and bath, and interior design and we need someone who would revel in our highest level of professionalism. Our design work has been published in countless magazines, both international and domestic and has appeared across Canada on television.
Our newest design assistant will be an integrated player on our design team. They will work directly with our principal designer to turn concepts into fully working floor plans and construction drawings including plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
Does this sound like you?
You possess strong organizational and time management skills and great attention to detail. You are deadline driven and you know that you are hardworking and thrive in a fast paced environment. You embody positive energy, enthusiasm and are able to take direction and to take action on tasks swiftly and effectively.
Along side our lead designer you will:
- Work in our Sarnia location as well as remotely.
- Create detailed construction floor plans, interior elevations, and cabinetry details in our CAD based software.
- Create computer visualizations and renderings.
- Assist intermediate and senior designers with presentation preparation.
- Assist design team with client meetings, filing and administration work.
You Already Bring:
- Bachelor degree or Diploma interior design or by a recognized NKBA school
- Some great experience in kitchen design, bathroom design, interior design, space planning, and decorating
- An understanding of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in relation to floor plans and design
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and follow direction
- Highly organized with strong work ethic, strong management skills and ability to work well with a design team
- The ability to thrive in our fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of cabinetry design, nomenclature and creation of cabinet schedules.
- A positive, energetic attitude
- You look the part and complete the package with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Ontario building codes & NKBA planning guidelines
- Strong spatial understanding and strong hand-sketching ability
- Strong experience in Chief Architect
- Knowledge of CADD, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Demonstrated customer service abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Cover letter and resume
Link to online portfolio, or zip file for download.
- Kitchen design work
- Bathroom design work
- Interior design work
- CADD / computer aided drawings