Senior Interior Designer
We are a fast-paced, progressive, intensely creative firm specializing in total home design, renovation plans, kitchen and bath, and interior design. We cater to a roster of clients in Southwestern Ontario and beyond, and have completed projects as far as Kingston. We are looking for the best of the best to join our team. We need someone who would revel in the creativity and our highest level of professionalism. Our design work has been published in countless magazines, both international and domestic and has appeared across Canada on television. Can YOU represent one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and an internationally recognized design and renovation firm?
We offer the opportunity to work with exciting clients and a highly talented team, expand your skill set, explore new ideas and advance your career. This is a challenging, multi-faceted position that requires a powerfully creative, well-organized, detail focussed, motivated individual who has the ability to respond and adapt to an ever-changing environment. Successful candidates must possess a strong design vocabulary, and a proven track record bringing interior design projects from concept to completion.
Our newest designer will be an integrated player on our design and production teams. They will work to create functional, creative spaces and turn concepts into fully working floor plans and construction drawings including plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems, as well as work with our design and construction teams to ensure their vision is carried through, every step of the way.
- Work in close partnership with the company’s executives to manage a design team
- Must be able to work in both London and Sarnia locations
- Engage in full sales cycle from initial client contact to project completion with proven ability to close sales.
- Oversee the maintenance of design library, showroom samples and supplies.
- Oversee the daily operations of the showroom and manage other staff ensuring that our showroom is always looking its best and is open during our business hours Monday – Friday.
- Manage other design team members to ensure that their tasks are carried out effectively and on time.
- Oversee the creation of multimedia presentations.
- Coordinate and oversee various projects from start to finish; from conception, through construction and completion.
- Act as main point of contact for clients; nurture and maintain client relationships, understand clients’ needs and manage expectations.
- Ensure high level of professionalism is maintained through all channels of communication.
- Be accountable for project timelines and budgets.
- Manage different project phases, provide problem-solving solutions to site conditions without losing the integrity of the design concept.
- Provide leadership and direction to other team members to achieve specific project and technical goals.
- Participate in client and consultant meetings to ensure design intent is maintained and high quality design standards are delivered.
- Occasional national and international travel may be required. Attend Interior Design and industry shows to stay ahead of the curve.
- Obtain on-site field measurements; survey existing spaces and produce existing space plans.
- Create detailed construction floor plans, interior elevations, and cabinetry details in our CAD based software.
- Create computer visualizations and renderings to assist as necessary for design presentations.
- Have an eye to the showroom look and assist design team with our ever-growing product line up.
- Source pricing, and stock availability of products and finishes.
- Completely understand, design and price projects within our comprehensive product line up such as custom cabinetry, appliances, flooring, plumbing fixtures, lighting, custom furniture, home decor and accessories.
Required Skills and Experience
- NCIDQ certification
- 4-year Interior Design Degree
- Must have 8+ years of progressive experience in kitchen design, bathroom design, interior design, space planning, and decorating
- 8 years experience in full cycle sales
- Prior experience successfully assisting the management of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Understanding of renovation systems and drawings
- An understanding of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in relation to floor plans and design
- Superior time-management skills
- The ability to thrive in our fast-paced environment
- A positive, energetic attitude and a love for working with people
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to work with clients, consultants, senior executives, and team members
- Strong knowledge of construction methodology and design trends; ability to read and understand construction details, shop drawings, lighting plans, etc.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat, and should have a working knowledge of MS office and AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Ontario building codes & NKBA planning guidelines
Cover letter and resume
Link to online portfolio, or zip file for download.
-Kitchen design work
-Bathroom design work
-Interior design and decorating work
-CADD, 20/20 or Sketch Up drawings
Job Type: Full-time