London and Sarnia Ontario
Are you an amazing designer that wants to pursue a multi-faceted true design career? We are looking for three main qualities in a candidate. 1. Can you hustle? 2. Are you meticulously detailed? 3. Are you exceptionally organized? If you believe whole heartedly that you possess those qualities, please read on!
We are looking for the next BEST designer to join our team. Specializing in total home design, renovation plans, kitchen and bath, and interior design. We need someone who would revel in the creativity and our highest level of professionalism. Can YOU represent an internationally recognized design firm? Our design work has been published in countless magazines, both international and domestic and has appeared across Canada on television. We operate in a fast paced environment that is very deadline driven, while offering an exceptional customer experience.
Our newest intermediate designer will be an integrated player on our design and production teams and comprehensively support the Principal & Senior Designers. They will work to create functional, creative spaces and turn concepts into fully working floor plans and construction drawings including plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems, as well as work with our design and construction teams to ensure their vision is carried through, every step of the way.
We think you’ll likely be powerfully creative with the talent to turn your vision into a working functional space. You have strong organizational and time management skills, with great attention to detail. You already know that you are hardworking and thrive in a fast paced, team environment. We think that your positive energy, enthusiasm and outgoing personality will play a key role in your continued success.
Here’s How You’ll Strut Your Stuff
- Support principal and senior designer with all aspects of design process.
- Be deadline driven and strive to be ahead of your workload through exceptional organization.
- Engage clients in the showroom and in their homes to understand their needs.
- Obtain on-site field measurements; survey existing spaces and produce existing space plans.
- Create detailed construction floor plans, interior elevations, and cabinetry details in our CAD based software.
- Create computer visualizations and renderings to assist as necessary for design presentations.
- Work with our production and construction team to ensure the accuracy of your plans and specifications.
- Produce layouts on job sites showing plumbing, electrical and mechanical aspects for our construction team to follow.
- Have an eye to the showroom look and assist design team with our ever-growing product line up.
- Attend Interior Design and industry shows to stay ahead of the curve
- Design and fabricate presentation/materials boards as necessary
- Order material samples for presentations, finish boards, and the design library
- Source pricing, and stock availability of products and finishes
- Completely design and price projects with William Standen Co’s comprehensive product line up such as custom cabinetry, flooring, plumbing fixtures, lighting, furniture and accessories.
- Create multimedia presentations.
- Organize and maintain the physical product and materials library
- Work towards AKBD, CKD, CKB certification
- Obtain 10 hours a year minimum of NKBA education
Required Education & Experience:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in Interior Design
- A minimum of 4 years experience in kitchen design, bathroom design, interior design, space planning, and decorating
- Demonstrated customer service and sales abilities
- Prior experience successfully assisting the management of multiple projects from concept to completion
- An understanding of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in relation to floor plans and design
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and follow direction
- Highly organized with strong work ethic, strong management skills and ability to work well with a design team
- The ability to thrive in our fast-paced environment
- A positive, energetic attitude and a love for working with people
- You look the part and complete the package with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in development of product/material, and project specifications
- Working knowledge of Ontario building codes & NKBA planning guidelines
- Excellent design and aesthetic sensibilities and an intrinsic understanding of luxury brands
- Strong spatial understanding and strong hand-sketching ability
- Strong understanding of autoCAD
- Exceptional at creating 3D renderings
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Must be able to work in both London and Sarnia locations.
Cover letter and resume
Link to online portfolio, or zip file for download.
- Kitchen design work
- Bathroom design work
- Interior design and decorating work
- Material selections
- CADD, 20/20 or Sketch Up drawings
Job Type: Full-time