We’re looking for a highly skilled lead carpenter to join our team in the Lambton County area. This position involves managing a team as well as doing hands-on work.
Are you a senior-level finish carpenter/ renovation specialist who can get the job done as well as lead a construction team? Do you have an understanding of total project infrastructure and know what to do when reading a blueprint? Do you have an interest in artistic carpentry?
We think you’ll likely have strong organizational and time management skills, with great attention to detail and a love for leading a team. You already know that you are hardworking and thrive in a team environment but are also able to work alone. We think that your positive energy, and enthusiasm will play a key role in your continued success.
Here’s How You Will Strut Your Stuff:
- Be the go-to person in assisting other team members and trades on construction job sites ensuring they know what to do.
- Act as cabinetry/custom product installer on all job sites/act as a supervisor.
- Resolve issues and difficult problems using sound judgment.
- Proactively be involved in the planning of renovations and cabinet installs.
- Assist design team with millwork, and cabinetry plan checks, prior to release to the shop for production.
- Provide Bill of Materials for the project and identify special item lead time to allow purchase order and material availability.
- Work with the Construction Manager & Lead Designer to develop the project engineering plan, and timeline required to perform all detailing.
- Lead and work with the team in cabinetmaking, custom cabinet installation, framing walls, millwork, countertop installation, custom cabinet manufacturing, moulding, and hardware installation.
- Maintain detailed project log throughout the project and coordinate with the construction manager.
- Work with the Construction Manager and Lead Designer to manage and allocate resources for the production of all custom product engineering as well as on-site.
- Develop team rapport and mentor other team members.
- Take field dimensions at the construction site to assist the design team
- Support the use of cutting-edge technology by continuing education and reading relevant industry information.
- Offer suggestions for appropriate upgrades to process and tools, able to reflect to be constantly improving process.
You Already Bring:
- 10+ years minimum experience in finishing carpentry and renovation work as well as experience leading a team.
- Experienced with various renovation tasks such as demolition, framing, hardwood flooring, and tile installation, drywall boarding, drywall taping/ mudding, fit and installing windows and doors, building and installing framing for dropped ceilings, custom work raming walls and installation of beams.
- Knowledge and/or experience in cabinetmaking, custom cabinet installation, framing walls, millwork, countertop installation, custom cabinet manufacturing, moulding, and hardware installation.
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience with renovation work.
- Ability to read architectural/ design blueprints, plans, and specifications and know what to do
- Ability to communicate in the language of design drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely on site with team members and customers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to be covered under the company’s automobile insurance.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- General knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
- Experience and ability to see a project through from beginning to end.
- Ability to train others from your own hands-on experience.
- Exceptionally organized and tidy, while working in the shop and on-site.
Position Hours & Other Details:
- Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (44 hours a week)
- Some Saturdays & overtime may be required
- Vehicle and tools provided
- Christmas Vacation