London and Sarnia Ontario
William Standen Co. has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced project manager position within our award-winning, rapidly growing company.
With locations in London and Sarnia Ontario, you would be representing one of Canada’s top new growth companies and Southwestern Ontario’s leading whole home transformation company, with a focus on high end kitchen and bath projects.
You will play a vital role in keeping our projects running efficiently. We need someone who would revel in our highest level of professionalism. Our work has been published in countless magazines, both international and domestic and has appeared across Canada on television.
Does this sound like you?
You possess strong organizational and time management skills and great attention to detail. You are deadline driven and you know that you are hardworking and thrive in a fast paced environment. You embody positive energy, enthusiasm and are able to take direction and to take action on tasks swiftly and effectively.
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review project plans and specifications, and collaborate on the design, scheduling, possible cost saving measures and construction problems.
- Assist design team in preparation of project budget and estimations.
- Conduct team site visits during the design phase to accurately quote construction projects.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals.
- Manage client change orders during the project to ensure accurate invoicing as well as track client approvals.
- Keep our clients informed on the project activities and schedules.
- Monitor and maintain the schedule on a daily basis.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of job sites.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at job site meetings.
- Prepare and document meeting notes between yourself and the client, as well as trades.
- Inform the client of any discrepancies and work to rectify them with the team.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Work with accounting tram to ensure that invoices are issued on time as per the construction schedule.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and preparation of company tools and equipment.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses.
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- Manage existing client services, deploy team members and manage expenses such as time and materials.
- Maintain the high level of quality in construction, workmanship and overall customer experience – the William Standen way.
You already bring:
- Confidence in your own ability to intelligently communicate with the design team as well as clients.
- Intense attention to detail.
- Confidence to lead the trades and on site teams.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of five years experience in project management within the residential design build sector.
- College or University diploma in project management and/or a construction related field.
- Understanding of building code, construction terms and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to learn new project management software.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)