Renovation Crew Manager
London and Sarnia Ontario
We’re looking for highly skilled residential construction supervisors to join our London and Sarnia locations. This role is a combination of hands on work and management tasks. Are you a senior level carpenter/renovation manager who can lead a construction team? Do you have an understanding of total project infrastructure? We think you’ll likely have strong organizational and time management skills, with a great attention to detail. You already know that you are hardworking and thrive in a team environment but are also able to work alone. We think that your positive energy, and enthusiasm will play a key role in your continued success.
- Use your experience and skill to help the renovation crews deliver projects through a combination of your own hands on skill, while overseeing renovations from demolition to drywall boarding. This includes framing of additions, wall removals, beams and framing, layouts for rough ins of plumbing, electrical, mechanical and audio visual systems.
- Read plans and foresee possible issues for future installations
- Train new renovation crew members
- Be the go-to person in assisting other team members on construction job sites
- Resolve issues using sound judgment; refer difficult problems to appropriate team member.
- Maintain detailed project log throughout project and coordinate with the construction manager.
- Support use of cutting edge of technology by continuing education and reading relevant industry information.
You Already Bring:
- 10 years minimum experience in finish carpentry, cabinetry installation and renovation work.
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience with renovation work.
- Ability to read architectural/ design plans and specifications
- Ability to communicate in the language of design drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely on site with team members and customers • Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and/or experience in cabinetmaking & millwork
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 150 pounds and team lift up to 400 pounds.
- Experienced with various renovation tasks such as demolition, framing, hardwood flooring and tile installation, drywall boarding, drywall taping/ mudding, fit and install windows and doors, build and install framing for dropped ceilings and custom work.
- Experience and ability to see a project through from beginning to end.
- Ability to train others from your own hands on experience.
- Exceptionally organized and tidy, while working in the shop and on site.
- Ability to work in both Sarnia and London locations.
- Valid drivers license with ability to be covered under company’s automobile insurance.
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Some overtime may be required from time to time
Job Type: Full-time