Senior Finish Carpenter
London and Sarnia Ontario
We’re looking for highly skilled finish carpenters to join our London and Sarnia locations. Are you an intermediate or senior level finish carpenter/ renovation specialist who can lead a construction team? Do you have an understanding of total project infrastructure? We think you’ll likely have strong organizational and time management skills, with a great attention to detail. You already know that you are hardworking and thrive in a team environment but are also able to work alone. We think that your positive energy, and enthusiasm will play a key role in your continued success.
Here’s How You Will Shine:
- Be the go-to person in assisting other team members on construction job sites
- Act as cabinetry/ custom product installer on all job sites/ act as a supervisor
- Resolve issues using sound judgment; refer difficult problems to appropriate team member.
- Proactively be involved in planning of renovations and cabinet installs
- Assist design team with millwork, cabinetry plan checks, prior to release to the shop for production.
- Provide Bill of Materials for project and identify special item lead time to allow purchase order and material availability.
- Work with the Construction Manager & Lead Designer to develop the project engineering plan, timeline required to perform all detailing.
- Maintain detailed project log throughout project and coordinate with the construction manager.
- Work with the construction manager and lead designer to manage and allocate resources for production of all custom product engineering as well as on site.
- Develop team rapport and mentor other team members.
- Take field dimensions at construction site to assist design team
- Support use of cutting edge of technology by continuing education and reading relevant industry information.
- Offer suggestions for appropriate upgrades to process and tools, able to reflect to be constantly improving process.
You Already Bring:
- 10 years minimum experience in finish carpentry, cabinetry installation and renovation work.
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience with renovation work.
- Ability to read architectural/ design plans and specifications
- Ability to communicate in the language of design drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely on site with team members and customers • Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and/or experience in cabinetmaking & millwork
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 150 pounds and team lift up to 400 pounds.
- Experienced with various renovation tasks such as demolition, framing, hardwood flooring and tile installation, drywall boarding, drywall taping/ mudding, fit and install windows and doors, build and install framing for dropped ceilings and custom work.
- Experience and ability to see a project through from beginning to end.
- Ability to train others from your own hands on experience.
- Exceptionally organized and tidy, while working in the shop and on site.
- Ability to work in both Sarnia and London locations.
- Valid drivers license with ability to be covered under company’s automobile insurance.
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Some overtime may be required from time to time
Job Type: Full-time