We’re looking for a highly skilled senior carpenter to join our team in the Lambton County area.
Are you a senior-level finish carpenter/ renovation specialist who can get the job done? Do you have an understanding of the total project infrastructure? Do you have an interest in artistic carpentry?
We think you’ll likely have strong organizational and time management skills, with great attention to detail. You already know that you are hardworking and thrive in a team environment but are also able to work alone. We think that your positive energy and enthusiasm will play a key role in your continued success.
Here’s How You Will Strut Your Stuff:
- Work with other team members and trades on construction job sites.
- Act as cabinetry/custom product installer on all job sites.
- Resolve issues and difficult problems using sound judgment.
- Proactively be involved in the planning of renovations and cabinet installs.
- Assist design team with millwork, and cabinetry plan checks, prior to release to the shop for production.
- Work with the team in cabinetmaking, custom cabinet installation, framing walls, millwork, countertop installation, custom cabinet manufacturing, moulding, and hardware installation.
- Take field dimensions at the construction site to assist the design team
- Support the use of cutting-edge technology by continuing education and reading relevant industry information.
- Offer suggestions for appropriate upgrades to process and tools, able to reflect to be constantly improving process.
You Already Bring:
- 7+ years minimum hands-on experience in finish carpentry and renovation work
- Ability to read architectural/ design blueprints, plans, and specifications and know what to do
- Ability to communicate in the language of design drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely on site with team members and customers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to be covered under the company’s automobile insurance.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Experienced with various renovation tasks such as demolition, framing, hardwood flooring, and tile installation, drywall boarding, drywall taping/ mudding, fit and installing windows and doors, building and installing framing for dropped ceilings, custom work raming walls and installation of beams.\
- Knowledge and/or experience in cabinetmaking, custom cabinet installation, framing walls, millwork, countertop installation, custom cabinet manufacturing, moulding, and hardware installation.
- General knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
- Experience and ability to see a project through from beginning to end.
- Ability to train others from your own hands-on experience.
- Exceptionally organized and tidy, while working in the shop and on-site.
Position Hours & Other Details:
- Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (44 hours a week)
- Some Saturdays & overtime may be required
- Vehicle and tools provided
- Christmas Vacation